Counselor Claude’s Top 5 Moments from Dirtybird Campout West 2018
Now that Dirtybird Campout West 2019 is officially in the calendar, we took a trip down memory lane to Campout West 2018 with none other than Head Counselor Claude VonStroke to revisit his favorite moments.
Thought up and inspired by the very summer camp he attended as a child, Dirtybird Campout is Counselor Claude’s favorite event of the year. As someone who participates in every game and activity, Counselor Claude knows Dirtybird Campout better than anyone.
When we asked him to pick his five favorite moments it wasn’t easy, but the ones he chose definitely offer a glimpse into the craziness that is Dirtybird Campout:
1. Reverend Rusty Reams giving away a gold spray painted car at Bingo was my favorite campout moment of all time! He let me drive it out with all the dancers on the roof. It was so amazing. No one could believe it.
2. Big Daddy Kane at the Bass Lodge put on the best overall performance of the weekend then dropped the mic and walked off stage in an all white hat and suit.
3. Tug of War was the most epic (and longest) battle of any campout. Red vs. Orange. I don't think I’ve exerted that much energy at one time in 20 years.
4. Roman Flügel went on after me and played an original sound that didn't sound like anyone else. I've always been a huge fan of his, so I was very happy he came all the way from Frankfurt to play with us!
5. Patrick Topping at the early arrival party was amazing. He wore his crazy Pajamas and the hot dog gold chain we gifted him and then went crazy. He set the tone and got everyone amped up for the whole weekend on the right note!
Dirtybird Campout West 2019 will take place October 4-6, 2019 at the Modesto Reservoir Campgrounds. You can RSVP here and make sure to sign up for our newsletter for the most up-to-date info!